Play the ultimate multiplayer showdown, Overwatch, for free on PC! Overwatch is a multiplayer first-person shooter, developed by Blizzard Entertainment. It was released to the public on May 24, 2016, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows platforms. The game was announced on November 7, 2014 during BlizzCon 2014. And its closed beta version was released on October 27, 2015. During the first semester of 2017, it was announced that Overwatch had managed to reach $ 1 billion in profits.
How Overwatch is played
Overwatch puts players in teams of six, with each person choosing one of several available heroes, each with unique moves and abilities. The heroes are divided into three classes: Damage, Tank and Support. Players from each team work together to attack and defend control points or to attack / defend “charges” (moving targets that move around the map). At the end of the game players accumulate points, which give them aesthetic rewards that do not affect the performance of the game.
Overwatch characters are divided into three groups (within which there are subtypes, sniper, assassin, shooter, etc.): Damage, Support and Tank. Each hero has unique abilities depending on their role. The first appearance of an Overwatch character released in a video game was in Heroes of the Storm.
The three types of characters:
- Damage: The characters in this category enjoy great mobility and are characteristic for causing great amount of damage in a short period of time. Having a lot of damage, the offensive heroes lack defense points. Some specialize in protecting and mastering strategic points on the map.
- Tank: Tanks are the characters that have the greatest number of defenses and life. Its main function is to protect the allies from the massive damage of the enemies, intercepting the damage.
- Support: Support characters, also known as “Support”, are essential in the game. These characters apply healing effects, shields, invulnerabilities or any other type of advantage for allied characters. They also weaken the enemy characters with their abilities, so the allies could take control of the enemies easily.
Players can change character during the game after they die, something that is encouraged by the overall design of the game. This allows for better competitive play.
Key features of Overwatch
- An online multiplayer battle
- Free download using Blizzard
- Unique skins
- Competitive gameplay and yearly competitions around the world
- Important team-play mechanics.
The main game modes
- Attack: The objective of the attacking team is to capture critical objectives, while that of the defending team is to keep them under their control until the time runs out.
- Escort: The objective of the attacking team is to move a load to a delivery point. The defending team must impede the progress of the others until the time runs out.
- Control: Two teams struggle to capture and maintain only one objective at a time. The first to win two rounds wins the game.
- Assault / Escort: The objective of the attacking team is to capture a load and then move it to a delivery point. The defending team must prevent their progress.
- Competitive: This game mode picks up the previous game modes (Modes where there is an attacking team and a defending one makes two rounds alternating the role of the team winning the team that led the most efficient progress of the objective) but adds a system of ” rankings “in which the skill and statistics of the players are captured. The greater the skill, the higher the level. These “rankings” are divided into several categories which players must scale by improving their statistics and increasing their skill points to access better categories.
- Arcade: There are several non-main game modes that give prizes every certain number of victories and also increase experience. Games include fast games that have modified elements (such as removing the limit of selection, minimum gravity, a random selection of character, or reducing the cooling of abilities), it also includes very different game modes like the Elimination Game (players are eliminated at the time of death by winning the team that remains with more living members) games to death (the common goal of their variants that go to teams to 1vs1 or eight players all against all is to gather a certain number of eliminations) , capture the flag, in addition to so-called “trifulcas” modes that are presented for a limited time each certain event highlighting those of the event “archives” that are basically a story mode.
- Creator of games: you can create and access personalized games giving players the freedom to manipulate both the maps and the characters.
- Operating system: Windows Vista/7/ 8/10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Phenom II X3, 2.8 GHz
- Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or ATI Radeon HD 7950
- Memory: 2 GB VRAM, 6 GB System RAM
- Storage: 7200 RPM with 5 GB available HD space
Overwatch Download for PC (Online)
How to install Overwatch and play online
- Click on Download Overwatch.
- Download the game file via the mirror you are directed to – make sure your internet does not disconnect during your download. How long the download takes depends on your internet speed connection.
- Run the game setup and install it in your desired directory – make sure you choose a drive which has enough space for the game.
- Launch the game using your desktop shortcut. Note: you need to have Blizzard downloaded for this to work.