Mafia is a 2002 action-adventure video game developed by Illusion Softworks and published by Gathering of Developers. The game was released for Microsoft Windows in August 2002, and later ported to the PlayStation 2 and the Xbox consoles in 2004, in North America and Europe. The game traces the rise and fall of Tommy Angelo, a fictional mafioso in the 1930s.
Mafia’s storyline gameplay consists of driving, mainly easy city cruise between different locations, as well as chases and races; the rest of the game is based on third-person on-foot navigation and shooting – all inter-connected with cutscenes. In addition to city and countryside, detailed interiors like the city’s airport, a museum, a church, a hotel, an abandoned prison, restaurants and Don Salieri’s bar are included. Weather changes and day/night cycles are in use, though unlike in Grand Theft Auto missions take place at a set time and the weather is fixed during the duration of the level.
Law and order
The police department in Lost Heaven uphold the various laws that have been set. When these laws are broken in view of the police, they will respond by booking the player with offenses that can be “minor” or “serious”. Minor offenses (such as speeding in a vehicle or running a red light) will end up with the player being fined (-$1,000 in Freeride mode, no monetary value in campaign mode), and serious offenses (such as physical assault, or visible display of a weapon) can lead to the player being arrested for the first offense, or a shootout with the police. A series of four successive minor offenses qualify as a “serious” offense. Police force increases with the severity of the player’s disregard of the law to a point where police, now well armed, form blockades with tire spike strips in attempt to defeat the player while firing from behind their cars.
- CPU: Pentium III 500MHz/ Athlon XP 1600+
- RAM: 128 MB.
- OS: Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP.
- VIDEO CARD: 16 MB video card with DirectX 8.1 compatible drivers.
- FREE DISK SPACE: 2 GB.
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 16 MB.
Mafia Full Version Downloads
How to install Mafia
- Click on Download Mafia
- Download the game file via the mirror you are directed to – make sure your internet does not disconnect during your download. How long the download takes depends on your internet speed connection.
- Run the game setup and install it in your desired directory – make sure you choose a drive which has enough space for the game.
- Launch the game using your desktop shortcut.