The computer game Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is the successor of the free first person shooter Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory , but plays in the same universe as Quake II and Quake 4 . The gameplay is in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory based, however, there are in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars additionally land and aircraft. Furthermore, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars unlike Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory not free. The computer game was made by Splash Damagedeveloped for Windows XP and Windows Vista , whereby a modified version of the Doom-3-Engine (id tech 4), as well as the MegaTexture technology is used.
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Trailer
Versions and Platforms
As usual, the downloadable patch and demo for Linux was created by id-software programmer Timothee Besset himself. Aspyr Media has released a version for macOS , Nerve Software took over the development for the Xbox 360 and Z-Axis the development for the PlayStation 3 . From the PC version also a free demo is offered, with which one of the twelve playing cards can also be played online with other demo players. In addition to DVD, Quake Wars for PC is distributed worldwide via Steam.
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is a class based game. There are two teams: the GDF ( Global Defense Force ) fighting for humanity and the Strogg, an alien force trying to invade Earth . On both sides there are five classes each, which perform different tasks and sometimes have different weapons.
To win, both teams have to fulfill certain missions. There is always one team in the position of the attacker, the other team accordingly in the position of the defender. If a team has successfully completed all the main missions of a map , that team has won. In addition to the main missions, there are also side missions, such. For example, blasting goals that make it easier for a team to win. During the game, players can assign and scroll through new missions by pressing the M key.
- CPU: Pentium 4/Athlon XP
- CPU SPEED: 2.8 GHz (Pentium 4 3.0GHz or equivalent for Windows Vista)
- RAM: 512 MB (768 MB for Vista)
- OS: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP/Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
- VIDEO CARD: 128MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 5700+, GeForce 6200+, GeForce 7300+ / ATI(TM) Radeon(TM) 9700+, Radeon X700+, Radeon X1650+
- TOTAL VIDEO RAM: 128 MB
- 3D: Yes
- HARDWARE T&L: Yes
- PIXEL SHADER: 2.0
- VERTEX SHADER: 2.0
- DIRECTX VERSION: Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c (included)
- SOUND CARD: Yes
- FREE DISK SPACE: 750MB of free hard drive space, plus 200MB for Windows swap file
- DVD-ROM: 4X Speed DVD-ROM
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Free PC Game Download
How to install Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
- Click on Download Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
- Download the game file via the mirror you are directed to – make sure your internet does not disconnect during your download. How long the download takes depends on your internet speed connection.
- Run the game setup and install it in your desired directory – make sure you choose a drive which has enough space for the game.
- Launch the game using your desktop shortcut.