Dune 2000 is a real-time strategy game for the PC and the PlayStation, based on the science fiction novel Dune – The Desert Planet by Frank Herbert and featuring the visual style of the movie The Desert Planet by David Lynch . It was developed by Westwood Studios in 1998 and distributed by Virgin Interactive and later by Electronic Arts . The game is a modernized remake of Dune II – Battle of Arrakis from 1992. The sequel Emperor: Battle for Dune appeared in 2001.
Dune 2000 Trailer
The Padishah Emperor of the entire known universe, Frederick IV, calls in 10191 a contest on Dune (also called Arrakis) in which it comes to the great noble houses to bring down Spice . There are no established territories or rules in this competition. Thus, the Atreides , Harkonnen and Ordos compete against each other to secure the valuable Spicevorkommen. Frederick IV already thinks he is the winner, because no matter how it turns out, the promotion of the Spice, which is indispensable for the entire Empire, does not come to a standstill. He also plays his political competitors against each other.
The player has the overall goal, on behalf of one of the three noble houses (Atreides, Harkonnen, Ordos) in several missions to conquer the entire desert planet and thereby gaining the supremacy over the valuable Spicevorkommen.
During the missions, the player has to break down the spice with mobile harvest factories , which is converted into refineries to money (Solaris). He needs this to build up his bases and set up an army. The goal of the missions is with few exceptions the destruction of all enemy facilities and units. The player must explore the betting card , which is covered by the fog of war , to identify spice deposits and the bases of his opponents.
- Operating system (OS) 95
- Processor (CPU) Intel Pentium 90 MHz
- System memory (RAM) 16 MB
- Hard disk drive (HDD) 60 MB
- Video card (GPU) DirectX 5 compatible
Dune 2000 Download on PC
How to install Dune 2000
- Click on Download Dune 2000
- Download the game file via the mirror you are directed to – make sure your internet does not disconnect during your download. How long the download takes depends on your internet speed connection.
- Run the game setup and install it in your desired directory – make sure you choose a drive which has enough space for the game.
- Launch the game using your desktop shortcut.