Doom 3 is the third computer game of the Doom series and was released in the US on August 3, 2004. Despite major changes in gameplay and graphics, the game combines the typical Doom aspects of horror and action. As a result of id Software’s previous successes, it has become a highly anticipated game. The publisher Activision launched the release date by its own account, the largest delivery in the history of Activision Germany. The PC version of Doom 3 and the Xbox version received a metascore of 87 and 88 out of 100 points, respectively.
Doom 3 Trailer
Doom 3 includes 26 levels, which are mainly played in the gloomy interior of an expansive research base on Mars . The hell and the excavated ruins of an ancient Martian civilization are also visited. At the beginning of the game, the player has no weapons and goes on explorations and conversations with non-player charactersfamiliar with the scenario. Just before the first encounters with demons, the player gets a handgun. As the game progresses, more powerful weapons will be added. The player is often required to use a flashlight, but then can not keep his weapon ready to fire at the same time. Through the use of scripted attacks and other events (so-called script sequences ), the player should be scared and frightened.
The key card search known from the predecessor Doom has been modified: Every person who has worked on the UAC basis, has a PDA with various information. The player can transfer the data contained on his own PDA, as well as security codes and keys. In addition, messages and videos written and spoken on the PDAs, whose viewing and listening contribute to the atmosphere of the game and to the unfolding of the story, are given, among other things, information on various facilities or weapons, and a picture of the emails and diary entries of the most diverse people arises from the operations on the base.
In Doom 3 is a recounting of the first part. The back story was the involvement of the science fiction author Matthew Costello amending certain aspects and significantly expanded.
Doom 3 takes place in the year 2145 on Mars . Here, Union Aerospace Corporation (UAC) has set up research laboratories and is working on various projects, including the development of teleportation technology. This was another dimension discovered by the scientists soon only as hellreferred to as. The Marsbasis goes into a state of emergency as demons infiltrate the facilities and kill people or turn them into zombies and grotesque demonic creatures. In the role of a newly deployed soldier, the player struggles largely alone and learns during the game much about the research projects of the UAC, the hell dimension and also about an ancient Martian culture, which also had to deal with the demons and for this purpose one mysterious magic weapon developed.
- CPU: Pentium 4 or Athlon XP
- CPU SPEED: 1.5 GHz (Intel) or 1500+ (Athlon)
- RAM: 384 MB
- OS: Windows 2000/XP (95, 98, ME & NT not supported)
- VIDEO CARD: 64 MB 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible Video Card (NVIDIA GeForce3/GeForce4 MX+/ATI Radeon 8500+)
- TOTAL VIDEO RAM: 64 MB
- 3D: Yes
- PIXEL SHADER: 1.0
- DIRECTX VERSION: 9.0b (included)
- SOUND CARD: Yes
- FREE DISK SPACE: 2.2GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 400MB for Windows swap file)
- CD-ROM: 8X Speed CD/DVD ROM
Doom 3 Game Full Version
How to install Doom 3
- Click on Download Doom 3
- Download the game file via the mirror you are directed to – make sure your internet does not disconnect during your download. How long the download takes depends on your internet speed connection.
- Run the game setup and install it in your desired directory – make sure you choose a drive which has enough space for the game.
- Launch the game using your desktop shortcut.