Command & Conquer: Red Alert is a computer game, real-time strategy game developed by West wood Studios and first released by Virgin Interactive in 1996; the second game in the Command & Conquer franchise and the first in the Red Alert story line sub-series. The game, originally conceived as the background to the original 1995 Command & Conquer, takes place in an alternative historical setting where Allied troops defend Europe from the aggressive Soviet Union. The game was originally developed for PC (the release includes versions for MS-DOS and Windows 95 ) and later ported to the PlayStation; version for the latest platform has been reissued for the PlayStation Network service. In 2008, Electronic Arts, which acquired West wood Studios in 1998, posted the game for free download.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert Trailer
The game was created as a background to the original Command & Conquer , but after the release of the second part, it was singled out in a separate series.
The plot in Red Alert begins some time after World War II. Albert Einstein is developing a time machine, called the Chronosphere, and uses it to eliminate Hitler from the history and thereby prevent World War II. However, the results of the impact on the past are unforeseen. In the alternative history, Germany does not really unleash a war, but the unrestrained Soviet Union , led by Stalin, is undertaking a massive offensive against Europe.
Red Alert is essentially the same Command & Conquer with new buildings and some new units. Red Alert received good reviews for the user interface, which was much more advanced than other games at the time. For example, there was no limit on the number of selected units, you can also order as many units as there are enough resources.
The battles in Red Alert take place both on the ground and on the water and in the air. Each side (Allies or Soviets) can train ground forces, air force, and navy. Each side also has unique features, although in Red Alert 2 they were balanced so that the abilities of each unit resist a similar option from the other side. For example, in Red Alert 2, Tesla’s Soviet defense tower was opposed by the Allied Prism Tower.
In the computer version is available 3 multiplayer game modes. Internet play is possible via either the Westwood Online (WOL) network, a dial-up connection, or a local network — but for this the network card must support the IPX protocol.
In the version for “Playstation” is also available multiplayer mode, but only for the game together. This requires Link-Cable to link 2 set-top boxes. In this case, the item “Link Game” appears in the main menu.
- OS – Windows XP / Vista (32-Bit)
- Processor – XP: 2.0 GHz (Intel Pentium 4; AMD Athlon 2000+; Multiple Cores) / Vista: 2.2 GHz (Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 2200+/Multiple Cores)
- Memory – XP/Vista: 1 GB
- Hard Drive – Media: 6.0 GB / EA Link: 12.0 GB
- DVD Drive – 8 SPEED
- Video Card – NVIDIA GeForce 6800, ATI Radeon X1800 or higher end DirectX 9.0c compatible gfx card
- Sound Card – DirectX 9.0c compatible (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy cards require a Intel P4 2.6 GHz or similar under Vista, Yamaha Xwave-512 not supported)
- Online Multiplayer – 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 Players
- Input – Keyboard, Mouse
- Optional – VoIP Headset
Command & Conquer: Red Alert Download Free
How to install Command & Conquer: Red Alert
- Click on Download Command & Conquer: Red Alert
- Download the game file via the mirror you are directed to – make sure your internet does not disconnect during your download. How long the download takes depends on your internet speed connection.
- Run the game setup and install it in your desired directory – make sure you choose a drive which has enough space for the game.
- Launch the game using your desktop shortcut.