Call of Cthulhu is a multi platform computer game in the RPG / Survival horror genre with quest elements developed by Cyanide Studio and published by Focus Home Interactive. The release of the game took place on October 30, 2018 on Windows , PlayStation 4 , Xbox One platforms. The game was created based on the works of Howard Lovecraft.
Call of Cthulhu Trailer
About the game
In the game, the player will manage the character Edward Pierce – a detective who investigates the death of the Hawkins family, who died during a fire in their homestead. Most of the time, the player will control Edward (in the story, the player will also be given control of other characters). Edward has 7 skills (search, eloquence, psychology, investigation, power, occultism, medicine) that help to pass the game, 5 of which the player can develop at his own discretion. During the passage, the player gets very little experience, he can either not fully pump all skills, or pump 2–3 skills, but to the professional level. The skills of the occult and medicine player can pump, only if during the passage he will be attentive and will find books that will help to improve them. Each skill helps the player to pass the game in his own way: “Psychology” and “eloquence” help to convince (during a conversation) the characters are right, without the “search” skill the player will not be able to find many useful items (in different places and rooms) during their passage. Skill “force” will help in a situation where it will be necessary to open a closed door with a crowbar or to frighten the interlocutor during a conversation. The skill “occultism” will help the player to understand strange things or explain what is happening (for example, a character can say that the picture is obsessed with a demon).
The game takes place in the 1920s. The main character is a veteran of the Great War and (now) experienced private investigator Edward Pierce, who arrived on the mysterious Dark water Island near the American city of Boston , Massachusetts . He will have to unravel the circumstances of the mysterious death of the Hawkins family.
- Edward Pierce is a private investigator who works in the city of Boston . Pierce works in his agency, which he called the “Pierce Detective Agency” (he works in this agency himself). His agency is linked to a contract with another agency, Wentworth, and according to the terms of the contract, Pierce has a detective license, while he reveals a large number of detective cases every month. But in recent times, Pierce has ceased to fulfill the norm of solved cases, the reason for his act is that he is tired of solving cases of adultery, crimes of revenge, looking for missing people (who themselves have arranged their disappearance).
- Stephen Wesbster is a wealthy entrepreneur and collector. His daughter, Sarah Hawkins, died with her husband and son during a fire in her house. The police claim that Sarah herself made a fire, for the reason that she is insane. Her father, Stephen Wesbster, does not believe in this version of events and therefore hired Edward Pierce to find out the truth about what happened in the house and why it happened.
- James Fitzroy is the last active ship captain on Darkwater Island, it is he who takes his ship or brings passengers to or from the island. At the beginning of the game, he brings Edward Pierce to Darkwater Island. Darkwater Seaport he knows like the back of his hand. Pierce asked questions about what the Hawkins family earned when the island’s residents stopped catching whales in 1847 and who spoiled the goods delivery declarations (which belonged to Hawkins and which are now impossible to read) refused to answer.
- Catherine Baker is the leader of the bootlegger gang, whose territory is Darkwater port, her gang is engaged in the supply of alcohol and racketeering. Character traits: bold and confident woman.
- Silas Winchester – the caretaker of the former Hawkins estate, when the Hawkins family was alive, he worked for them, after what happened he buried the Hawkins family near the estate. Protects the Hawkins manor despite the tragic events that occurred. At the first meeting with Edward Pierce at the entrance to the estate Hawkins takes him for a thief and threatens him with his ax. Constable Bradley, who also came to the estate with Pierce, but a little behind Pierce, interferes in this conversation and urges Silas not to touch Pierce and give them the key so that they can continue the Pierce investigation.
- Constable Bradley – Constable who works as a policeman on the island where the game takes place. Edward Pierce meets him a second time at the Hawkins warehouse, where he explains to Bradley that the case with the death of the Hawkins is confusing and that someone killed them for malicious intent. Bradley, to be sure of the words of Pierce, goes with him to the estate of Hawkins and, together with Pierce, collects evidence there. During their investigation, they find a secret passage to the tunnels under the manor, during the study of which they find supporters of some kind of cult that conduct their ritual.
- Dr. Fuller is an antagonist, a doctor who conducts inhuman experiments on patients who are unlucky enough to be in his mental hospital.
- Marie Caulden is a doctor at a hospital located on an island that is very interested in investigating events that take place in a mental hospital where Dr. Fuller works. She wants to know the truth about what Fuller does with her patients, because from this psychiatric hospital her patients come to the ward, and when they are cured, they are sent back to the hospital where Fuller works. For this reason, she assists Edward Pierce and Constable Bradley in their investigation.
- Irene Sanders – the wife of Francis Sanders, who dies in front of Edward Pierce. When Pierce talks to her about her husband’s death, Irene is almost sad to hear this news. When asked why she does not yearn, Irene replies that she had already cried enough when a few months ago her husband was admitted to a psychiatric hospital. She also reports that Francis only spoke all the time about Sarah Hawkins and the paintings that Sarah painted. One of them, called “Tramp,” is in the house of Irene. When Pierce began to study the picture, he was attacked by a monster – the picture was possessed.
- Sarah Hawkins – the plot of the game turns out that she did not die in a fire. After the fire, she was in a psychiatric hospital, where Dr. Fuller works, was subsequently rescued from there by Edward Pierce. After whom she and Drake expels the monster Rogue, finally loses his sanity and Cthulhu begins to control it . By the end of the game, she becomes an antagonist.
- Charles Hawkins – the plot of the game turns out that he did not die in a fire. The story of the game never reveals how Charles got the power of Ktukhlu, who changed his appearance (he became ugly and half of his face was covered with sores and one arm became tentacles). In a conversation with Edward Pierce, Charles says that he does not want his wife Sarah to become an obedient tool for the Ktukhlu cult.
- Algernon Drake is a researcher and scientist who has friendly relations with Sarah Hawkins. Drake has read many books about the myths of Darkwater Island and he has a copy of the Necronomicon’s book , so he is well aware of the great danger that evil monsters and deities have on the island. Ally of Edward Pierce and Sarah Hawkins. Together with Sarah Hawkins, Drake drives the Stroller monster back into its dimension.
- Leviathan – is the main antagonist. Appears first in Pierce’s dreams, and then in hallucinations, where he suggests Pierce to know the “truth”, depending on the player’s choice (as this will affect the fate of Edward Pierce). It was once caught by Darkwater whalers, whose meat helped the islanders avoid starvation.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 (64 bits)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3450 (3.1 GHz)/AMD FX-6300 (3.5 GHz)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: 2 GB, GeForce GTX 660/Radeon HD 7870
- Storage: 13 GB available space
- Additional Notes: INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR GAME ACTIVATION
Call of Cthulhu Game Free Download
How to install Call of Cthulhu
- Click on Download Call of Cthulhu
- Download the game file via the mirror you are directed to – make sure your internet does not disconnect during your download. How long the download takes depends on your internet speed connection.
- Run the game setup and install it in your desired directory – make sure you choose a drive which has enough space for the game.
- Launch the game using your desktop shortcut.