Borderlands 2 is a first-person shooter with a Space Western scenario in cel-shading graphics and the successor to Borderlands . The game was developed by Gearbox Software and released by publisher 2K Games on September 18, 2012 in America and on September 21, 2012 internationally for Windows , Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 . An offshoot of IOS was released on October 31, 2012. On 20 November 2012, the Mac version of Borderlands 2 appeared by the US company Aspyr Media , which specializes in porting PC games to Mac. In contrast to the first part of Borderlands 2 came in Germany completely uncut on the market. However, it became known that due to the partially censored versions as in Germany the game has received a generally lower degree of violence. Meanwhile, there is already a petition from the players to patch the game worldwide to the degree of violence of the first part.
Borderlands 2 Trailer
Borderlands draws a dark and dirty cel-shading style, which gives the graphic style a certain surrealism thanks to strong contrasts and many effects . Pandora is a largely desolate planet of cynical dwellers, living their lives in the midst of deserts, destruction, monsters, and garbage. The game world and the characters living in it are deliberately exaggerated and clichéd; black and crude humor are prevalent.
In the intro one learns that by opening the chamber, which was considered empty in the first part, a rare and valuable raw material called Eridium was released. Pandora is ruled by the rich boss of weapon maker Hyperion , Handsome Jack . He is after the Eridium on the planet to help himself to rule over the planet. He also wants to “civilize” the planet according to his ideas and has parked a huge space station in front of one of the moons. From there, reinforcements are sent out later in the game. The four newly arrived exterminators want to prevent this. Right at the beginning you will encounter a steward messenger named CL4P-TP or Claptrapcalled, the last model of its kind, which helps one with resistance fighters in contact. Claptrap has strong attention deficits and must loudly pronounce everything he thinks through a fault in his circuits, which can drive people into madness. Later in the story, you will meet some characters from the first part, including the four protagonists who became leaders of the resistance movement called the Crimson Raiders. With their help you try Handsome Jack to stop the craft.
Borderlands 2 is a first-person shooter that features elements that are atypical of the genre, such as different classes, and a skill and level system. The abilities can be improved after each level up in the skill tree. At the beginning of the game you choose between four (with DLC six) different classes or playing pieces. This allows the player to specialize in different areas as he wants to defeat the opponents in the game. The course of action and the personality of the characters themselves are strictly predetermined and can not be influenced by the players, for example through dialogues or decisions. So Borderlands 2 is by no means a role play or Confuse action role-playing , as the game experience is limited to fighting numerous enemies and finding better weapons. Rather, it is a loot shooter , which is about the capture of better equipment.
- Commando (Axton) – a fighter with the ability to temporarily set up a portable turret
- Siren (Maya) – a female character with the ability to hold opponents in a force field or to heal allies in various ways
- Gunzerker (Salvador) – a very offensive class; Salvador can temporarily fire two weapons simultaneously and “regenerate” ammunition. He can also be designed defensively as a tank / Schadenseinstecker.
- Assassin (Zer0) – is especially good at melee and sniper rifle combat . Can also create a hologram while being invisible at times.
- Mechromancer (Gaige) – Gaige was added to the game by the first DLC. Gaige herself is a little girl and can sometimes fight a robot called “Deathtrap” for herself.
- Psycho (War) – War came into play on May 14, 2013 with the Psycho Pack. War ability is the Buzz Ax Rampage, which allows him to heal for a short time, deal strong melee damage and can also throw his weapon. In addition, the psycho has an increased “gravity binding”, which is why he can not jump as high and far as any other characters.
- OS: Windows XP SP3
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
- Memory: 2 GB XP, 2 GB Vista
- Hard Drive: 13 Gb free
- Video Memory: 256 MB
- Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8500 / ATI Radeon HD 2600
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
Borderlands 2 Download on PC
How to install Borderlands 2
- Click on Download Borderlands 2
- Download the game file via the mirror you are directed to – make sure your internet does not disconnect during your download. How long the download takes depends on your internet speed connection.
- Run the game setup and install it in your desired directory – make sure you choose a drive which has enough space for the game.
- Launch the game using your desktop shortcut.