Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a survival horror – computer game of the independent game developer Frictional Games , which previously the closely related Penumbra created -Spieleserie. The horror adventure played from the first person perspective was published in September 2010 for Windows , Mac OS X and Linux .
Amnesia: The Dark Descent Trailer
Amnesia: The Dark Descent takes place in the 19th century. The protagonist Daniel wakes up in a dark, seemingly uninhabited castle, without being able to remember how he got there and who he really is. He only knows that his name is Daniel and that he is fleeing from something that is chasing him. By finding a note from Daniel to itself finally turns out that he deliberately wiped his memory by means of a potion and it has set itself the goal of finding a certain Alexander of burning castle in the castle and kill. However, the reasons for this will only be revealed during the course of the game.
Game Principle and Technique
Similar to the Penumbra series of Frictional Games , Amnesia: The Dark Descent is an adventure in the first person perspective that combines horror elements with physics-based interaction of objects. The player does not carry any weapons during the entire course of the game and must therefore hide from opponents or sneak past them. The built-in physics engine makes rendering, throwing, and interacting with objects more realistic. For example, doors can not be opened by a simple keystroke, but must be moved by clicking and dragging with the mouse.
The game contains a system intended to represent the mental state of the game character, similar to the Call of Cthulhu system: Dark Corners of the Earth . If the player hears eerie noises, encounters opponents or experiences other disturbing events, his consciousness deteriorates in the game and he begins to perceive things differently than they really are. plays an important role here, whether you’re in the dark or near light sources such as their own lantern or candles. In the dark, the player quickly loses his mind and his mental state deteriorates, but it can be very difficult for opponents to be discovered, unless you move.
- OS: Win Xp 32
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz / AMD Athlon MP 1900+
- Graphics: AMD Radeon 9250 or NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS
- System Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Storage: 3 GB Hard drive space
- DirectX 9 Compatible Graphics Card
Amnesia: The Dark Descent Full Version Free
How to install Amnesia: The Dark Descent
- Click on Download Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
- Download the game file via the mirror you are directed to – make sure your internet does not disconnect during your download. How long the download takes depends on your internet speed connection.
- Run the game setup and install it in your desired directory – make sure you choose a drive which has enough space for the game.
- Launch the game using your desktop shortcut.